Personal Information Protection Policies
These Policies are made in Japanese and translated into English. The Japanese text is the original and the English text is for reference purposes. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these two texts, the Japanese text shall prevail.
TOMY Group Personal Information Protection Policies
TOMY Company, Ltd. and its group companies below (collectively “we”) recognize the importance of provided personal information, have compiled the handling thereof as follows and work to protect and control retained personal information.
- 1.We comply with laws and regulations on the handling of personal information (including specific personal information as defined in the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures and special care-required personal information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information), government guidelines and other norms. And, we will appropriately announce the utilization purposes of personal information, its handling, and safety management measures in our groups.
- 2.We acquire personal information, clarifying the purposes of utilizing it, and handle it only to the extent necessary for fair business activities.
- 3.We, except as required by law, neither disclose nor provide personal information to any third party without obtaining consent from the personal information provider (“principal”). We, except as required by law, neither disclose nor provide specific personal information to any third party.
- 4.When entrusting the handling of personal information to an outside entity, we enter into a service agreement with an entity which complies with laws and regulations on the handling of personal information, government guidelines, and security control action standards prescribed by other norms and exercise appropriate supervision over it.
- 5.We take reasonable and appropriate security control action for personal information against the risk of unauthorized access, loss, damage, destruction, falsification, leakage, unauthorized disclosure outside the group and other threats. If by chance a problem arises, we swiftly gather relevant information, prevent the damage from getting worse and take corrective action. And, we will promptly notify the person and report to the Personal Information Protection Commission in accordance with the law.
- 6.When a customer requests us to notify him/her the utilization purposes of his/her personal information, or to disclose, correct, add, delete, cease utilizing, or cease providing to any third party, his/her personal information retained by us, we verify the identity of such customer and swiftly meet his/her request unless we have a rational reason not to do so.
- 7.We established a point of contact for customer complaints and inquiries on the handling of personal information to meet requests from principals.
- 8.We review our efforts on personal information protection continuously and improve them.
TOMY Company, Ltd
T-ARTS Company, Ltd.
PENNY COMPANY, LTD.
TOMY TEC CO., LTD.
TOMY MARKETING COMPANY, LTD.
KIDDY LAND CO., LTD.
T-FIELDTEC Company, Ltd.
Amended on April 1, 2022
Public Disclosure in Accordance with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information”
Public Disclosure in Accordance with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” by TOMY Company, Ltd.